Tuesday, August 30, 2011

13ish weeks.


There you are sweet baby. 

We had an ultrasound done on the 18th of August to see if you were developing properly. You weren't very cooperative. The ultrasound checks the fluid between the skin and spinal cord and you were hanging out upside down and backwards so, they couldn't get a good measurement. They had me turn on my side, you still didn't move, then they had me pee and you finally flipped over. 


We got to see you. You had your hands up by your face and all over a sudden, one of your little hands came down and 'waved'. We said hello to you and Mommy almost cried. There you were, the size of a lemon and waving, so friendly already. obviously I know you didn't wave but let me live in my happy little pregnant world for now. 

The best news is when the Dr. came in and told us you have a VERY small chance of being born with any birth defects. I don't like calling them defects, they don't make you defective, you will be loved and special to us no matter what. It is just refreshing to know that you are growing and healthy. 

We love you so much, we are so excited to tell people about you and we can't wait for your arrival. Well we can wait a little, we need to narrow down some names before you come. Daddy and I can't decide or agree. Names are such funny things, the more I think about them, the more I don't like any name. They are weird things and sound weird when you say them too much. But, like most things, I'm making it a bigger deal then it should be. People will always have their opinions and we need to pick a name that will fit you and our family...of normal names!

Love,
 Mama/ can't wait to feel you kick!!



No comments:

Post a Comment