Monday, February 7, 2011

Sweet and Sour

Sweet:
Yesterday was your daddy's birthday! Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, Uncle Matt, Uncle Alex, Uncle Chris and Aunt Desiree all came with us to Chevy's to celebrate. You got so excited when you saw uncle Alex, you started clapping! You love when all of your family is together! You just soak up all of the attention!



Sour:
Today you hit me for the first time. I was holding you and you wanted to get down. Instead of using your words you smacked me in the side of the head. We had a little chat and you apologized. Its hard to teach you that something hurts when you hardly feel pain. I think you understand that you shouldn't hit, but you like to test those boundaries! There is no denying you are our child. It is exhausting disciplining and teaching you and I get so sick of hearing my own voice! I try to use other words than just lots of 'NO!' but it's really hard to spit out sentences when you are about to pull a lamp on your head! Just so you know, you have never pulled a lamp on to your head, you almost did. Luckily you listened to me and I pulled you out of the way! Even in your sour moments there are still glimmers of sweetness. You do listen very well. Each day there is something new. I love this adventure! It really is all in the way you look at it and the things you choose to make a big deal!

You are truly a delight!

Love, Mommy/ loves you sweet or sour!

No comments:

Post a Comment