Thursday, March 28, 2013

Family Vacation

Back in the beginning of February we went on a family vacation. Right before we left Jack was diagnosed with a massive cold and double ear infection. Jake was starting to get a cold to. I asked the Dr. if he thought it was still safe to go to the snow. He said he would still go, to just take it easy. With 'taking it easy' being our goal we headed up to Tahoe. This was the first time either of you boys would see or play in the snow, there was even a chance we could see it snow! We were just excited to get out of the house and have some fun together as a family. 

Here are the pictures of our wonderful family vacation!

My man

First time on snow!

Playing on a playground in the snow...Jake you thought this was really cool

Jack you sat like a little blob most of the time. You weren't really sure what all the fuss was about.


swinging

straight faced sledder...


Jake, you loved sledding! 


Jake found me a pinecone!

Jack and Daddy

little snow buddy


I pulled you around Jackson, all I got were a few smirks...not bad for being sick I guess.


It was a gorgeous day

you are smiling in this picture...I told you, you had fun!



Jake, I love that you like to play with your little brother!

brothers...

"I don't want to leave the snow"...even though you were hungry and we were leaving to go get food!

random T-rex head

silly baby!

sliding again...still so cool

chillin with Grandpa

This is where things get really pretty. The sun is setting casting a beautiful yellow glow on everything, I start to hear indy music play and everything slows way down. These next images warm my heart and will forever take me back to this moment. 
Grandma and Grandpa pulling around their grand-boys



I'm not sure who was having more fun...this is moments before Grandma totally ate it...don't worry she was fine and laughing the whole time!


the first big smile of the day!

flying

sweet snotty, red nosed boy

starting to like this whole snow thing.



The joy you felt in this moment as your Daddy whipped you around is forever tucked inside my heart. 

Jack, your eyes got so big as you watched your brother play, in admiration and wonder.


brothers...

grandpa pulling both boys at once


sledding down a 'hill'

silly face!

snow angel attempt...the snow was quite hard and frozen


first touch of snow

apparently you thought it was very silly stuff


tasting snow...'it's cold' you yelled...



It was Daddy's birthday so we had to decorate our room !


 
It really was a gorgeous few days. Every time we go to Tahoe I am reminded of how much it feels like home to me.

Jake, this was the first time you ever saw it snow. We went on a drive and it started to flurry so we pulled over and let the snow blow into the car. You were in awe that it was so cold and flaky. 


reaching for snow

it landed on your arm

eyes of wonder, as Daddy explained snow to you


letting Teddy feel the snow too

it was cold out there

This moment is one I will tuck away. I love experiencing new things with you. Your eyes are so full of wonder so ready to learn. You absorb every detail and take in every moment. It renews my love and joy for life. 

Thank you for a wonderful weekend family. I love being with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment