Friday, March 29, 2013

Jackson is 12 months old!


The day has finally come my sweet Jax. I no longer refer to your age in months...(Funny story, I had someone ask how old your brother was and I responded 17 months and they said, "so what, is that like a year?" Ever since I have only called you by years after the age of one...some people are not so bright!) You are 12 months old. A whole year old. So much has happened in your short life. It still amazes me how much babies change and grow in one year. 


You have one big temper. You bite, hit or yell when you don't get your way...it's been a doozy disciplining a one year old. But you are also one of the friendliest babies, you wave at passing people, cars, kids, everyone. You have a special flirty smile but for girls, it's a little ridiculous. You like to cuddle and be hugged. You can blow kisses and high five and wave.
You love to dance. You dance when you hear music and when you really like your food. 
You have a goofy chuckle giggle that I love to hear. 
You love your brother and love playing with him. 
You have a regular crawl, which you do very well, and a super speed crawl, you put your head down and a can barely catch you. 
You think it's funny for crawl away when I tell you not to. 
You love guys, you always want your Daddy and you are really effected if he works late or if you don't have enough time with him each day. 
You started out a big boy and you are still pretty big. You are 27 lbs. and 32" long. 
You are wearing size 24 month clothes and some 2T...most of which are your brothers hand-me-downs. 
You have a good little vocabulary: mama, dada, bubu(brother), ball, dog, wawa(woof woof), Papa, nana (for Nana and banana), a dun (all done), nunu (no, no), wawa (water)...the wawa's sound different for woof woof and water, gma (Grandma), gpapa (Grandpa) and lots of grunting and finger pointing.
You have 6 teeth...but are currently teething for about 4 more at least.
You are not walking yet. You stand independently really well and have just started walking while holding someones fingers, you hated it for the longest time. Oh, and when I say you stand independently I mean you literally stand up in the middle of the room not holding on to anything...funny boy. You do stand against couches and walk along them. 
I love when you say mama, you have a slightly husky voice and it sounds deeper than most babies, it just sounds so sweet, and now you say it to get my attention or simply to just say it, not just because you are mad. 
I breast fed you for 12 months. You are now weaned. That's all I'm going to say about that. 
You love food, really meat and veggies. You love chicken, hamburger, turkey sausage, meatballs any meat we have you love. You also love your veggies, peas, green beans, broccoli, carrots, corn. You eat really well. You really love banana's.
You love, I mean absolutely love playing outside. You love being in the sun and being free to crawl around. You love playing in the sand box, you have learned to not eat the sand. You also love the water table, it's getting warm enough to play in it now. 
You love playing with balls, playing catch, dunking the basketball or playing soccer (you crawl around and 'kick' the soccer ball with your hands, it's pretty impressive) 
You are a handful, demanding and opinionated but also very sweet and caring. I am loving getting to know you Jackson, you are a perfect addition to our family. We love you to pieces! 

Waving and Clapping


I think you look like an old man telling a joke

silly faces and giggles

I'm not sure about this hat

this thing feels funny

it's covering my eyes

I can't see!

I think this is supposed to be on my head?

Hooray I'm 1!!!!

Happy 12 Months to one of the sweetest boys I know. You are a delight. I am so thankful that I am your Mama!







No comments:

Post a Comment