Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8 Months of Life

You are now three fourths of a year old! My how the time has flown! Here is what’s new!
You now have 6 teeth! Four on the top and two on the bottom. I think you may be getter more because you have been slightly cranky yesterday and today.

You can crawl and pull up on things when highly motivated! I say highly motivated because you won’t crawl to anyone, you have to want to do it, For a toy or just for your own enjoyment. Oh boy stubbornness!!

You wave hello and goodbye, to everyone! Here’s a little story to go with the statement. We were at the grocery store and had just finished bagging up the groceries. As we were leaving you waved to the clerk who rang up our groceries! I thought that was very sweet and we continued to walk out of the store. You continued to wave at all of the people in line and all of the people checking out their groceries. Everyone looked at us, you waved so matter-of-factly and I said “good bye everyone!”. It could have been a scene straight out of a movie. Everyone was smiling and waving at you. There was a collective “Awww” coming from the whole store! It’s a good thing I’m not shy or that could have been embarrassing! You didn’t think anything of it. “we wave when we say good bye!” I can imagine you thinking. I love your sweet heart!

Ok this next one is a big one! Everyone, rejoice with me!!! You said "Mama" today for the very first time!! You weren’t angry or up set you just looked over at me and said, “Mama”!!! My heart melted and flew all at the same moment! You had been saying “ba-ba” for mama for a while. You say "dada" all of the time, “di-di-da” is your favorite phrase, and you say "woof" for the dog!! You also make the "p" sound in, up! My little talker! I knew you would be, I mean look at your daddy and I, we just talk, talk, talk.

You sleep like a champ (almost 12 hours each night)!!!! You eat well but you aren’t a fan of chicken or refried beans. You love mandarin oranges and fruit of all sorts!

You are a great boy! It’s amazing to watch you grow and learn. I love how everything is new to you, everything is an adventure! What I wouldn’t give to see the world through your eyes! I’m so glad I have the privilege of  introducing you to the world. I love you!

Love,  Mommy/will answer to “mama” or “baba”

No comments:

Post a Comment