Saturday, June 4, 2011

Funny Funny

You are quite the funny boy. You did some pretty cute things this week! First, we have to warn nana, this story may make you cry. We were sitting eating breakfast one morning. You enjoy naming things as we eat breakfast, you point to the pictures on the wall and name the people. So, as we were eating you began naming and you pointed to your Great Grandpa Oakley's picture. You have never met him, but, we have talked about him and how he's in heaven with Jesus. I love that you know who he is! After you pointed you said "grey papa" for Great Grandpa and then I explained to you that he was in heaven and you nodded your little head like you knew he was in heaven. Too sweet! I love that you know who he is and that you will grow up hearing stories about what a great man he was!

Later that day I was cleaning out your closet, packing up clothes that don't fit anymore and I found a scarf that Ashley, one of our high school students made for you. You got really excited about it, so I wrapped it around your neck. You scrunched up your shoulders and smiled so big. You ran around with that scarf on all morning! When I took it off at lunch so you could eat, you scrunched up your shoulders and looked at me funny. I asked you if your neck was cold and you you nodded and answered "yep!". What a funny boy you are. You love accessories, hats, scarves, necklaces and sunglasses. It's the funniest thing, you stomping around all accessorized! Here you are in your spiffy scarf.

While you were running around in your scarf and I was cleaning, you grabbed your shoes. I didn't think much of it but, when I came out from the closet this is what I found....

What a funny boy you are. I'll hand it to you, you are creative, using shoes to transport cars...great idea!

You have quite the personality, full of spunk and life. You bring such joy to our lives Jake. There is never a dull moment with you. We love watching you explore and learn about the world we live in. Everything you do is an experiment, what happens when you squish fruit bar between your fingers, what happens when I ignore mama or dada? I love this stage you are in, it has brought different challenges but also different joys. We love you, our boy, with all our hearts!

Love, Mama/ more than just funny looking

No comments:

Post a Comment