Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Goodnight peek-a-boo

The other night we were heading home late from Modesto. We left Modesto around 9pm your regular bed time. We were hoping you would fall asleep because you were tired. Well, our hopes were dashed. You refused to sleep the whole way home. Daddy and I  turned around to tell you that you needed to sleep, then we said, "night-night Jake". You pulled your blanket over your head and cried. You didn't want to sleep you thought you would miss something. Every time I would turn around you would pull your blanket over your head. Every time Daddy would say goodnight you would pull your blanket over your head and cry. It was so funny. We had a hard time not laughing. You stayed awake the whole way home. Once we got home we put you in bed and you fell right asleep. Little stinker. I wish you were the kind of kid that could sleep anywhere and people have told me I have to train you but I have done my best. I don't blame you, I can't sleep anywhere. Not everyone can. You are too interested in what is going on to sleep. I will give you credit though. That same weekend we put your pillow on the floor of Daddy's office and told you to lay down and sleep. You cried for a little and then fell fast asleep. So, you are a good sleeper. Just not a sleep anywhere kind of kid, and that is fine with me. Hopefully someday you will be able to hear your baby cry and get up before your wife, unlike your sleep through anything father...haha!

Love, Mama/ wishes she could sleep anywhere and through anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment