Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The first time

Hey Baby,
This past Thursday I had my first doctors appointment. I peed in a cup, got lots of gifts and magazines and best of all I got to meet you!! I was so excited when my sweet mid-wife, Maria, slathered that jelly on my tummy and I got to see your little heart beating wildly...at this stage you don't resemble that cute thing you will be later but miraculously you have all you need. You are already forming your brain and brain stem...lungs, eyes, heart, fingernails and cute little nose. You already know if you are a boy or girl, you just get to hold out on us for a few more months...let your mama dream and everyone come up with predictions!! This Dr. visit made everything so real to me. Yes, I had been feeling the symptoms of you but it is always such a joy to meet you. We will get to know each other quite well over the next nine months. These are some of my favorite times...feeling you kick and spin. I am already starting to show...I have the tiniest baby bump. I have switched out of regular pants and into nice stretchy pregnant pants (as to not squish you!). I'm not sure why people are against pregnant clothes. Mine are cute and oh, so, super comfy!! So, I have heard that you show earlier the second time but woah...here you are!! Just promise me one thing, you will come out face down...your big brother had trouble with that...so if you could...face down please!! Either way we will all be crazy about you and love you like crazy. You have a great big brother who is currently confused as to how there can be a baby in mommy's tummy. He will be so excited to feel you kick and maybe we can bring him with us to an appointment to see you!! He is going to take a big brother class at the hospital where you will be born so he can be all prepared for you! We are very excited about you and the addition you will bring to our family...I think we might be complete! 

Love, Mama/you're such a cute gummy bear!! (that's what 8 week olds fetus look like)

OH....PS...I am about 9 weeks along and you are due the 25th of February 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment