Friday, June 22, 2012

Jack's First Taste of Solid Food

Hey Jack, 
Well with you being 16 weeks old and having some reflux we were given permission to start you on some solids. Rice cereal is generally the first food given to a baby but i have been reading about how it's not as neccarry to start with it..mainly because most babies won't eat it! Just to keep things on the up and up we tried rice cereal with you the other night. As I suspected...you hated it! I'll let the pictures explain how it all went down!

First Bite

"uuuggghhh"

second bite

"what is this?"

"are my parents crazy?"

"I don't think I like this stuff"

Daddy's turn to try

"Your gonna let this guy feed me?"

"Oh, it's so gross!!"

"seriously mom, i think something is wrong with your milk...whatever this is, is nasty!"

bhaha...I'm sorry little one, I can't help but laugh at your faces. It get's better I promise...food is awesome!

So now you have had banana's...not my first choice in food to start you on but closer tasting to sweet milk...next we will transition into veggies (yams, butternut squash and carrots) then we will try some green veggies (peas and green beans) and of course some fruit. We do the three day wait with new foods...once you show no sign of allergy it's on to the next food. You enjoy eating and sitting at the table with us. Last night as I was getting your food ready you were watching me like a hawk and salivating! Too cute. You try to help feed your self with the spoon but really it just smooshes food all over your face. I was hopping for instant sleeping through the night because we started solids...no such luck. Your brother was sleeping through the night by this point but he was also so much more of a scheduled baby. You are not your bother and you have made that clear. You are much more like your Daddy, hey I'm hungry now feed me...oh, I'm not supposed to be hungry for an other half hour...too bad i'm hungry now...your schedule really doesn't matter. That makes it sound like you are a jerk baby. You aren't you just have no intent on keeping your type A Mommy on a schedule. You are not always hungry at the same times and sometimes you need an extra feed that day. Ok, you along with your daddy are going to get this need for a schedule out of me one way or another. I'm learning to relax.

Love, 
Mommy/ learning to go with the flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment