Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vacation Day 4: Museum of Ancient Life

I found this place by accident...it's not in Salt Lake City, it's by an other activity we were going to do but deemed too crazy to do with little kids! Daddy's job has some pretty sweet perks, one of which is a concierge service, he asked them to find places where we could look at dinosaurs and this place was on their list. So we took a little drive down south to Lehi, UT and visited the Museum of Ancient Life. 

This place was awesome. I have never seen so many dinosaur skeletons in my life. My favorite part was that there was stuff for you boys to do but there were interesting things for Daddy and I to read about as well...a museum that all of us could enjoy...thats hard to find! There was a supersaurus skeleton, two t-rex's, a utahraptor, triceratops and tons more. The complete skeletons were made off of molds of real bones but they had real fossils behind glass for us to look at too. There were kid play places and things to touch along the way to keep you boys busy and interested. Jake, your favorite part was the digging area, there were 'dino bones' buried in these sand pits and you got to uncover them with paint brushes...very fun! Seriously...this place was neat. 

Here are some highlights of our day...

just after walking in...so excited!

a T-rex...I think?!?!

showing you some dino bones

getting to touch real fossils..."They are smooth!"

Jake, you wanted your picture taken infront of this dinosaur...I guess you liked it a lot!

here he is...I'm not sure what he is though...

talking about dinosaurs...

Cheese Dada!

This is a real Supersuarus vertebrae...dang!!

I'm not sure what this face is for but it's funny!

getting attacked by a Utahraptor

the Utahraptor...proved the raptors in Jurassic Park were portrayed accurately in size...glad dinosaurs are gone now!

I'm not sure what these guys are called but they are my favorites... the look like big mean turtles!! 

Sitting on a dinosaur...that looks like a Triceratops...but is not...i can't remember the name...

Jack face in this picture cracks me up..."Yeah I'm sitting on a dino...so what?!"

Cute boys and Mommy!

Mommy, Jack and a T-rex!

Ok these pictures crack me up...picture on the left...Daddy, Jake and a T-rex...picture on the right Daddy got his head smashed with Jake's train! I can't get over Erik's face in this picture...sorry honey...I know it hurt but oh buddy thats funny!

Jack's like oh what are you?

um...mom a dinosaur is right there...are you sure that's ok? 
Jake, you really wanted you picture taken with this Triceratops...I think these are your favorite dinosaurs.

A huge shark...why I don't swim in the ocean!

Diggin' for Dino bones!

"brush, brush, brush"

This picture doesn't really show anything I just liked the way I looked in it! Haha!! 

Mommy showing you how it's done...I think I had just as much fun as you...

un-covering dinosaur bones is serious work

here we are...

I was the only adult in the sand...I wasn't about to let you have all the fun plus I can get away with 'helping' you because you are still young!

Here you are Jack... sacked out!

Not sure what you are doing Jake but...this is the only way you would pose for a photo!

After the Dinosaur museum we went to one of Daddy's favorite places...Cabela's! You boys were so tired you could have cared less that there were stuffed animals all over the place. Daddy did throughly enjoy himself though! 

We only have one more day...That makes me sad...

Love, 
Mommy/ i love my little family

No comments:

Post a Comment