Monday, July 19, 2010

First Weekend Alone...

You had a weekend alone with your mommy! Your Daddy was on a retreat with the Jr. Highers, Grandma and Uncle Steve went to your second cousins wedding and Grandpa was at work. So it was just you and me baby!! At first I didn't know what to do, I had to pee (TMI) and had no idea where to put you. But this time together was ultimately good for us. You learned some patience and I was empowered! I also decided that one more sibling for you will be fine. You are becoming more and more mobile by the day, I'm currently your favorite jungle gym and we lowered your crib today. I kept walking in on you on all fours in your crib which kept giving me visions of you randomly learning how to pull up on things. So our hearts can rest easy now knowing you are safe! You are kind of last though. When you "crawl" you get up on your hands and knees and launch yourself forward onto your tummy doing this inch worm thing until you get the toy you were trying to reach and then you stop. No wasting energy just crawling around. But i know the time is coming when you will just take off! You bring so much joy to our hearts Jake. You have discovered your voice, you especially enjoy yelling in the car. You love to listen to people talk and you move your mouth like you are mimicking them. I just know that any day now you are going to bust out with some words! These are just some updates from your weekend! You are leading a busy life, learning and growing! It is truly a privilege being your mommy. I love every exhausting, joy filled moment. You have shown me a love like no other. Remember that, when you are 14, and think I'm just mean. Remember I love you with all of me, you are a piece of me and I would do anything for you! 

Love, Mommy/ empowered by mommyhood

No comments:

Post a Comment