Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recently

Recently you have started doing some new things. Today you woke up with two new teeth, after months of drooling! Your tongue is busy exploring them but to my surprise so are your other teeth. You grind your top and bottom teeth together. How you can stand that feeling, I'm not sure but you are busy exploring the new residents in you mouth.

Also you have decided to think about skipping crawling. I put you down on the floor to play but you would rather practice your downward dog pose! You stick your booty (can't bring myself to write butt) in the air and try to move. Which results in you crashing to your knees or head. You are not a fan of that but I can tell that you are quite pleased with your new trick! For some reason I'm concerned that you may skip crawling. I have read and heard too many time that you will not like to read and have a bad memory if you don't crawl! Well, not all babies crawl, there is a true fact. And we will find ways to help you love reading and to have a good memory. But there is not way to make you crawl if you have tasted standing or walking!

Also today you discovered gravity. While sitting in your highchair you grabbed a toy, hung him over the edge and, let him go. Not on accident like usual, because of bad grip or motor skills but you purposefully dropped it! Then you looked at us like, "Aren't you going to get that?". Well, I don't play fetch, we will get a dog to do that. After you realized you weren't getting that toy back you dropped all of your toys off your highchair. You looked at them, then at us and then back at the toys laying on the ground. This new found discovery is um...great...for your development but I'm not looking forward to the start of discipline, having to be consistent and saying no! It has been a nice few months of you not knowing any better but now we have to teach you what is safe and what is acceptable. Lord, give us strength!

Now this next thing you do makes me a little sad. When you get upset you cry or yell "Maaa"! That is the only time! You never say it when you are cuddly or happy just when you aren't getting what you want fast enough or you are upset! it might just be a coincidence but it still makes me sad. At least you know who takes care of you/ who to yell at! oh, man.

I can not believe how much you are growing and changing. I seems that overnight you have become a little person with a personality and mobility! I wish that time could slow down so I could savor each discovery you make! That is why I write here. This is my way of reflecting on each accomplishment, each struggle. This way I will never forget and you will know how much I love you, have always loved you and will always love you!

Love,
Mommy/Cherishing each moment

No comments:

Post a Comment