Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy First Birthday My Jakey Love!!

This year has been a true joy. Not every moment a happy one, I have shed my fair share of tears. But caring for you and loving you has given new purpose to my life. I now know what I was born to do! 


Motherhood has taught me more about love than I will ever be able to put into words. You are a piece of me. I carried you for 9 months, feeling each kick and flip, each time your toes would play my ribs like a harp. I  have thought about you my whole life. I have prayed for you my whole life. 

You have taught me so much about God's love. I know the way I feel about you is just a glimpse of the way the Lord loves us. My love for you is so deep, so intense that it calls me to live life differently. To love deeper and truer than before. To live the life I was call to.


You are beautiful! You have your daddy's half smile and my eyes. Your stubbornness and desire to push the line you get from both of us (sorry buddy!). You have the brightest smile and the warmest heart!



 I fall more in love with you everyday, even the days you refuse to nap or listen to me at all. You are truly the biggest blessing. 



 This birthday of yours has brought bittersweet feelings. I am so excited, you are one! We made it through infancy with grace! But you are no longer my baby, you are turning into a little boy more and more everyday. It is such a joy to see you grow, I have loved this time we have shared!


So here's to you my sweet Jake-a-doo!! Happy First Birthday! You are truly a miracle and the best gift I have ever been given! My heart just bursts with pride and joy! You are FANTASTIC!!!  I freakin' love you!!! 

Love, 
Mommy/ currently crying and loving you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment