Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Year Ago Today

As your first birthday approaches I thought you would be interested to know where I was a year ago today. Dec. 7th, 2009 I was huge pregnant, not sleeping great, my hips would fall asleep while laying on them and I would shoot awake if I found myself laying on my left side or back (you are supposed to lay on you right side when pregnant for blood flow reasons!). You were rubbing your toes up and down my ribs and your head was way down, but not far enough for me to go into labor. I was so excited to meet you. Your room was ready, all your clothes were washed and your bed was ready for your first night at home. Thinking about your birth brings back so many emotions! All of those feelings of wonder, fear and excitement. I wondered what you would look like, what you would be like, I was honestly afraid of what labor would be like, afraid if I would be a good mommy,  I was just so excited for this journey. Your daddy and I had done our labor prep and it was all just a waiting game. I was hoping you would come sooner rather than later. I didn't want your birthday to compete with Christmas and I never want you to have a Christmas/Birthday party or gift. I will work hard for that to happen.

A year ago today we were eagerly awaiting, you!! Nana and uncle Alex had taken up residence in Grandma and Grandpa's driveway and we were all having a constant party, just waiting for you!!

You were worth the wait!

Oh, Jake you are the most precious gift. I am so thankful for you. I am in complete denial that a whole year has past. Between sleep deprivation and the total life change, this year has gone by in a flash.

You were worth it. Every sleepless night (there weren't very many, just 3 months), every selfless act,  stretch marks and every worry, WORTH IT!! You are the best boy! You have blessed my life and given my complete joy. My heart explodes every time I think of you!!

Love,
Mommy/heart currently exploding with love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment