Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Setting Up the Christmas Tree!

We set up our tree before we left for Nana and Papa's for Thanksgiving. I wanted it to be all set up so we could decorate it after we got back home and for the first Sunday of Advent. So, while you were napping Daddy set the tree up and Mommy fluffed it. That's my least favorite part of a fake tree...the fluffing. Daddy called me a grinch because I was complaining about fluffing the tree...don't worry Mommy loves the tree and I knew that you would love the tree too! 
When you woke up from your nap we brought you into the living room and turned on the lights. Your eyes lit up and you pointed to the tree and said..."Big Christmas tree, Thank you Mama, Thank you Daddy!" I love watching you experience new things and appreciate them for their awesomeness. You were so grateful for the tree...you loved looking at the lights and the pinecones. Christmas is going to be a wonderful experience this year for all of us!! 

"look, pinecone right here!"

 "Christmas Tree!!"

 you were saying, "Merry Christmas!"

We love watching you discover and explore the world we have been given. I'm so glad that we can share this life with you Jake! 

This Christmas season is going to be full of discovery and wonder...you open my eyes to the things I have grown callused to. You are such a gift, I love how the Lord uses you in our lives! 

Love, 
Mommy/so excited to start Advent with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment