Friday, May 11, 2012

Our Annual Family Camping Trip!

The Meyer family has this tradition...every year we go camping. It started out as us going to the church camping trip with Daddy's family and then they would go a week before the trip and we would tag along and now it has become this family tradition. Every year we go camping at the KOA in Santa Cruz/Monterey for the weekend. Mommy has been going since Daddy and I were dating and both of you have been going since you were born. Jack, this is your first year...obviously. Jake, this is your third year! This place is awesome...we all have so much fun! This year, and most years our trip falls on my birthday weekend, which I love! So not only did we have a great time as a family I got to spend my birthday weekend with my family (Mommy's family came over for the day...minus Grandpa...we missed you, Grandpa!!)!! I was nervous for our trip. Jake, you are a light sleeper and I thought you would wake up when we came in the tent and when I had to get up to feed Jack, and Jack I thought you might scream and wake up everyone. But, to my surprise...you were both fantastic!! No one woke up, more than normal and we had a GREAT time. This trip really encouraged me to take more trips with you two. I think we are going to go camping more often!! So...look out boys, you are going go camping...you will love it I promise. What's not to love about the outdoors and dirt! Pancakes in the morning and burgers for dinner! Plus Mommy's special apple dessert and smore's!! 

Ok well enough of me talking. We had a great time...

Here are some pictures to prove it....

We love Ted...and ted loves the dog park at KOA

Teddy sitting pretty for a stick...yes, he loves his sticks.

Nana and Mommy

We went to the Aquarium in San Francisco for my birthday...it was so much fun! 

They had these tunnels where the fish swim around you and you stand on a moving walk way...super cool!

You were slightly intimidated by the fish Jake.

You loved the touch pools! 

Giant's fans!!

This year you really loved this jump pillow. 

You were able to jump on your own!! 

You loved to run around on it...so bouncy!!

Jake and Uncle Matt jumping!!

Jake and Uncle Alex

 The Meyer Men!!

Jake you were hesitant at first...typical first born but once you started jumping you loved it!

You said, "look I'm jumping like the big kids!!" it made me so proud!

You loved to jump!

You really enjoyed climbing on the logs...look at that tongue sticking out!

Jake and Daddy playing on the jump pillow!

Crazy Uncle Matt!!

Running around Daddy!!

Playing Popcorn...poop Papa

Cute Jake!!

Cute Daddy!!

Such a happy camping boy!

Mama and Jack...see Jack you were here too!! Next year you are going to love this!!

Jake, you started pitching a fit, you didn't want to stop playing to eat dinner, so...your uncles mocked you!! 

Well little ones...
We had a great time, as you can see.
 Each year we have more and more fun as you two grow and can do more things. Next year we will have a walker and a pre-schooler!! Oh my!! 
I am so glad that we can hang out together and go camping every year. We are so blessed! I am so thankful that you boys will grow up with these fond memories of your family!! I'm already looking forward to next year!!

Love, 
Mommy/so excited to do more camping!!




No comments:

Post a Comment