Monday, April 19, 2010

Stubborn Weekend

You had quite the weekend my friend. We went to San Luis Obispo to see your uncle Steve. it takes 4ish hours to get there and car trips aren't fun for you. Your poor little head slumps forward when you fall asleep and it has to be so boring staring at the back of a seat. We try to take our time stopping when we get hungry and stopping when you get hungry. It's nice to take out time!! We discovered your stubborn streak this weekend. You have this angry cry that pierces my ear drums and my soul! Your lip quivers, your face turns red, you make your hands into fists and you shake them. Now in your defense crying is your only way you have to communicate and you don't cry a lot. However you come by your stubbornness naturally. I am stubborn, your daddy is stubborn. I would even say your nana, grandpa and great grandpa are stubborn, so this streak of yours runs deep in your blood. It is a blessing and a curse. Stubbornness can serve you well in sticking to your guns but it can also hinder open mindedness. I will do my best to help you use this gift as best as possible but to also squash it when it needs to be. I love you my stubborn little son!
Love,
Mommy/ the queen of stubborn

No comments:

Post a Comment