Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sweet sweet boy!!

The other night I was feeding you your bed time bottle. As you lay relaxed and gobbling in my arms you reached your hand out to grab mine and you gently rubbed my hand as you ate. It was the sweetest thing in the world. My heart melted! 

Then last night your Daddy and I walked through the door and were greeted by you. It was 10pm! You had woken up crying, most likely because you had received a flu shot that day. Daddy held you as I gave you some Tylenol. You love your Daddy very much but we could tell you wanted me. I took you and tried to calm you, sitting and rocking, standing and swaying, standing still, sitting still. The only thing that worked was standing swaying and singing this cute little "good night" song I know. 

"Oh, I'm a little owl and my daddy loves me, 
I'm a little owl and my mommy loves me. 
When they tuck me in to say good night, they say, whoo whoo whoo, good night. 
Good Night, Good Night. Good night little owl, Good Night. 
Good Night, Good Night. 
They say whoo whoo whoo, Good Night."
Then I change the animal to tiger, frog, monkey, dog, kitty, elephant, as long as the song needs to keep going and then finally "I'm a little Jakob"

You like that song, I love that song, so because it works for both of us I use it a lot!

Anyways, as I was singing you grabbed your blankie and put your head on my chest. You never do that. You have always refused to be rocked to sleep, too many things going on for you to want to sleep. It was so special to me.  I was not only able to soothe your pain, but help you drift off to sweet sleep.

You are sweet. So very very sweet! 

Love, 
Mommy/you have me wrapped around your finger

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, I need the music for that song, our baby's room is owl theme, and owls are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete