Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Diaper Rash

You have your first official diaper rash and boy is it terrible. Your little bum is so red and raw looking. I feel so helpless. I have been faithful to change your diaper more than needed but you have been waking up in the middle of the night screaming for your diaper to be changed. I wish there was more I can do than slather on the cream, give you oatmeal baths (which you really enjoyed, you got me soaked with your splashing, I think you finally felt relief.) and powder you bum. I wish I could find some magical cream or wash or something to make it all go away. I'm not sure what is causing the issue. We might have to make a doctors appointment. I just want you to feel better. You are such a trooper, only whimpering or crying at diaper changes and the rest of the day you act fine, as if nothing is bothering you. I'm wondering if the zinc cream or the cream with aloe is any better. I try to buy organic and natural whenever I can but the price on some of them is a little much to just buy all of them and see which one works. But if that's what it comes down to, I will gladly do it! Anything for you. Anything to take away the pain. Poor little boy. I rocked you to sleep, prayed over you and laid you down in your crib. You cried a little, not so happy that I put you down but, now some good rest for both of us.

Love,
Mommy/ hurting with you

No comments:

Post a Comment