Thursday, January 6, 2011

12 Months Old

I know this is super late. Next week you will be 13 months! But here are some cute 12 month pictures of you! 
you really like the hat I made for you!

I love this face! 

you look so innocent! 

there's a cute smile!! 

this is one of my favorite pictures of you!

silly boy!

"mom, i don't like this hat on my head!"

you loved playing with a pom pom!


cute little boy!

this is your baby model pose

pointing and saying "ooo"

'I didn't do it'

This is my favorite face you make!

learning to walk. 

Here are some facts about you:

At this point you are wearing some 24month clothes, some 18 month and even some 12 month clothes. It just depends on the item of clothing.

You have 9 almost 10 teeth (all 8 front middle and your right molar). We brush your teeth and you love it. Daddy is trying to teach you how to spit. I hope that doesn't back fire!

You stand independently and take a few steps every so often but are not walking. I walked early, around 9 months so, I'm really glad that you have taken your time. That seems to be the way you do things. In your own time, when you feel capable. You are working on getting your standing down first and then you will walk when you feel ready! You are a great crawler and get around just fine without walking for now. It's giving me a little time to get used to your mobility and now I think I am prepared for you to walk. Everything is baby proofed!!

You say, da-da, mama, dog, ball, thank you, all done, hi, up, and just about anything we say you will repeat! We are not introducing baby signs, ask me why we didn't some time, I have my reasons. 

You take two, two hour naps a day, usually. I think the first nap will be dropped here pretty soon. You sleep 11-12 hours every night. Your bed time is 9pm, this time works best for us, you get to eat dinner with the family, play a little, spend time with daddy, take a bath and go to bed. Plus it allows me to get up before you and get somethings done. For us this works best.

You eat 3 meals a day and a bed time bottle. You eat what we eat and you refuse to eat baby food. You won't touch applesauce because you think it's baby food!! You are a funny boy. We also switched you over to whole milk, with no issues at all. You won't drink it cold and you only have it at bed time. You drink water the rest of the day. We tried giving you some juice, I'm not a fan of the empty calories juice has but, we tried some. The only time you get diaper rash is when we give you juice so, no juice! You love water anyway, and it's much healthier for you! 

As you are growing your wants and desires are becoming more and more clear. You have learned the power of the word "up" and use it every chance you get! your personality is showing more and more. I love that you are who God created you to be. I get to help shape your character but your personality was designed by the creator of the universe and it's amazing to see who he created you to be! It gives me a little insight to His heart!

Well, my boy, you are a delight! I have loved these past months. I don't know how I ever lived before you came along. You have brought so much to our lives. You are the apple of your daddy's eye. It gives me so much joy to watch you two play. You adore him and already look up to him. I love that your relationships with each of us are different, we each take different roles in your life. You have a huge heart and I can tell you will love people. You also love to challenge the rules. You are just like your mommy and daddy, I'm sorry! We will do our best to pass on the wisdom we have learned in our short lives to you, hopefully it will save you some heart ache. 

Love, 
Mommy/still in denial that you are 12 months old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment