Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthday Party!!

About a month ago we had a birthday party for you! I was so excited to plan and decorate. For some reason it became a big deal to me. I always want your birthday to be special and separate from Christmas. I LOVE birthdays!! It's like your own holiday, a day to celebrate your life and how special you are!! I hope that we can always do that for you! I apologize that your birthday falls amongst the crazy holiday season but I promise to always make a special time for you! Anyway, back to the party. We had a small gathering family and close friends over and mommy over decorated. Nana made a white chili and Grandma made baked potato soup, both were delicious! 
we decorated the dining area

I made you a birthday banner!

and centerpieces!

These Ikea stuffed animals have gotten so much use. I used them to decorate at the shower, you love playing with them and now they are decorations again! 

A giant Cupcake for you!

Little cupcakes for everyone else!

Sweet little birthday plates!

You didn't quite understand why we were letting you rip paper

You really enjoyed all of your presents

I'm really excited about the musical instruments you got.

You love your Yoda!

starting to get the hang of opening gifts

you were so serious the whole night. I think it was a bit overwhelming for you. 

This Buzz lightyear car is awesome, it has helped you learn to walk and you love pushing the buttons!

when you play with cars you make this cute car noise, "vrooooom".

you got a sit n' spin which you would rather stand on

finally it was time for cake! look at how cute you are!

waiting patiently for cake...in the adorable hat I made you!

you couldn't figure out why we were singing

but you enjoyed the candles

the way you reacted to your cake could be my fault, i have never let you smash food every where or dig into your food like crazy. So when this giant cupcake was placed on your tray you looked at Daddy and me like we were crazy and you thought you weren't allowed to touch it! 

you took these tiny little bites and kept your hands as neat as possible

you wanted to share your cake with everyone, or you just wanted to be cleaned up!

I opened up the cake a little and you continued getting only one hand messy and taking little nibbles

Mommy smashed your hands in the cake to help you get the idea of what you should be doing. You didn't like having sticky messy hands or mommy telling you what to do. You have never been a fan of being shown how to do something. I can't take your hand and write your name, I couldn't nurse you because I had to hold your head! From the first day you were born I could see, "I'll do it myself"behind your eyes. Not a bad way to do things but someday I hope you can learn to appreciate and heed other peoples advice and guidance! 

You had a great party! You were surrounded by loved ones and thats what truly matters. You also got some great gifts, that will help you learn and grow. Lots of books, puzzles, blocks, instruments where you make the noise,  and some fun noise making toys! It was a great day, one that I will remember for a lifetime! You are truly a joy to everyone around you. 

Love, 
Mommy/still trying to organize all of your toys!


No comments:

Post a Comment