Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You are a genius!!

I'm always so impressed by what you understand and the concepts that you grasp at such a young age!

The other night at dinner I told you to put your water in the cup holder on your tray with just verbal commands, no showing you where the cup holder was and you took your cup and plopped it right in the cup holder. This is even cooler to me because for so long you didn't allow anything on your tray. Not even my arm, you would push it off and look at me like I was crazy for having my arm on YOUR tray! Your cup has gotten tossed many times from your tray, so I was very excited when you put your sippy in it's 'special spot' and left it there for a whole meal. 

Another incident proving to me how smart you are happened the other night, just before bath time. You were running around naked, I know that I take some risks with having you naked, but I feel like every kid needs some naked time. What better place than a tiled bathroom? You were walking around while I was filling the tub and then you got quiet. This is my cue that you are getting into something you shouldn't. So I turned around to see you banging on the lid to the toilet, peeing on the floor. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a coincident that you walked over to the toilet and peed. You were walking around and then walked over to the toilet and were banging on the baby proofed lid like, mom this thing won't open! It was funny. I cleaned you off, put you in the tub and cleaned the floor! All the while amazed that you have grasped the concept of going in the potty. 

You call just about everything "ba" for ball but you are quickly learning the names to everything. You point to things and look at us waiting to learn the name of whatever object caught you fancy. It is such a joy to teach you. To help you learn about the world. I knew you would be fun but I just love teaching you new things. The grocery store is the best. You point to apples, I tell you what they are and you repeat "a-po". My favorite is Avocado, you say "ca-do" or "Avo". Too cute. 

Oh, you also love to share. What one year old loves to share? You walk around handing people toys and objects wanting them to play with you or teach you! I love that you love people, even when it makes eating out difficult, you would rather wave to everyone than eat! You have made many peoples days with just a smile. You have a gift Jakey. You connect with people in a special way, even now!

Well, my boy, I'm convinced you are a genius! Every mom is convinced their kid is the smartest kid around! But I'm sticking by my claim. I promise to not over do it though. No "my baby can read" or memorizing things at a young age. We will play fun learning games and have a great time learning about the beautiful world we live in! 

Love, 
Mommy/contemplating home-schooling you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment