Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost an ER trip

A few weeks ago we were down stairs playing with Grandma and Grandpa, while Daddy was at work. You were running around, playing with Ted. You are a great little walker but sometimes you stumble around like an intoxicated man. So, you were playing, Ted walked behind you and accidentally bumped you. This little bump sent you head first into the corner of an ottoman. Now Grandma and Grandpa have been wanting to replace these ottoman for some time, they are deceptively soft. The top part where you put your feet, soft, the bottom, is hard and wooden. This is where you hit your head. The sharp corner met your temple. You screamed and I picked you up to comfort you, as I did, I noticed that your head was instantly bruised and getting really puffy. You barely broke the skin but it sure was puffy. We rushed over to the freezer for some ice. At first I tried to hold a 'booby tube' on it but it wasn't cold enough. We grabbed an ice pack, held you down and pushed it on to your head. I called your Dr. And he said you were fine, I'm still not sure you were. You are fine now and the puffiness went down quickly but it was a nasty bump! The bruise and scab are completely gone now but here is a picture of what your bump looked like after being iced three times...I have to mention that you hated the ice being on your head but the third time, I think it was hurting so bad, you just laid in my arms and let Grandma hold the ice pack on your head, it was very sweet. Oh, heres that picture...



Love, Mommy/always here to kiss your owies!

No comments:

Post a Comment