Monday, March 21, 2011

In my heart

Luke 2:19 "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."

I feel like I know how Mary felt in this passage. Yes, she was a part of something much bigger than us, Jake. But, I feel like I know how she felt looking at her child.

The other day, I was holding you before nap time. You gave me your normal hug, of collapsing on my shoulder, which I love. Then you sat up and gently grabbed my face with your hands. You just sat there, holding my face and looking at me. You looked at me with love, admiration and thanks. That moment, broke my heart. You have my heart, it's yours, please be gentle. You mean the world to me, I would do anything for you! But that moment also empowered me. I have such a huge responsibility to you. I want to be the mom you need me to be! Your love is empowering, much the same way your daddy's love for me is.  And much the same way God's love is. Our human love is much less complete than God's love for us but, it is never ending, like my love for you and your daddy.

I love you my boy...more than you will ever know

No comments:

Post a Comment