Sunday, September 4, 2011

Funny little happenings...

You say the funniest things. Not only do you repeat almost everything we say but you come up with the funniest sentences. Here are a few cute things you say...

We were in the pool, you were 'painting' with water on the cement. You grabbed my chin and turned it toward you and said "mama, look with eyes", to which I replied "what are you doing Jake?", "Painting, look with eyes." I love when you say 'look with eyes', we are working on not touching everything we see, somethings are not safe, other things are way out of reach and make me almost drop you, somethings you just need to not touch and so on. So I have told you, "Jake, look with you eyes, not your hands, please." or "no touch, look with your eyes." You have picked up on that concept very quickly, you still touch things sometimes and I love that you say it to me...so funny. I just can't get over it...'mama, look with eyes!". When we are out people get such a kick out of you saying such things. You are so very smart...too smart sometimes.

Next story, We were meeting with our young marrieds group trying to find a Giant's game to go to. Prices went up this year because the Giants won the world series last year! So in joking, I said, "Darn the Giant's for winning the worlds series last year." You were walking around not paying any attention to us, just playing with your cars. But as luck would have it you walked over to me and said "dang it!" All of us could not believe it. I quickly explained to you that we don't say that and you went on your way. None of us wanted to make too much of a big deal of it or you would have kept doing it, thinking it was funny. Oh, buddy, mama needs to watch what she says around you...or were going to get called into the nursery!!

In this story you didn't say anything funny just did the funniest thing I have ever seen!! We went to AAA to get car insurance and you were with us. We knew that this would take some time, so I had plenty of cars and snacks. At one point you walked behind us while we were answering some questions. When we turned around you were licking with glass cubical wall. Tongue out, licking back and forth across the glass wall. I didn't laugh, although it was super funny. You got scolded and told to stay in the cubical and play with your cars. But, you had left your mark, two giant spit streaks across a glass wall (we caught you on the second spit streak!). Oh toddler of mine. Some parents might be mortified it this behavior but, what are you to do, it was funny, he was bored and he did get in trouble for doing it. We apologized and the insurance lady laughed. So, no harm done. Some windex and things will be back to normal.

You new favorite thing to tell/ask us is "read to Jake." I think it's funny that you refer to yourself mostly as Jakob and occasionally in certain phrases as Jake, like here. You will bring us books, even some of Mommy's baby magazines and Daddy's car magazines. You love to read, look at pictures and learn.

Your vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds. It seems as though in two weeks you have learned how to put words together and your sentences just keep on growing. I'm always impressed by how quickly you pick things up. Just this week you have nailed down your colors and you are labeling things, blue truck, red semi, yellow jeep. I love it. You never stop talking, well, only to make car noises. We are so proud of you Jake. You are such a great boy, you bring so much joy to our lives!!


So, I forgot a story....Let me start by saying, you don't watch much TV, like maybe an hour a week, and even fewer movies. You have a Toy Story book with little character toys that came with it. You love this book. The other day you walked up to me, pointed to the TV and said, "Mama, show, please." I was stunned, you have never asked to watch TV before. "You would like to watch something on TV, Jake?" was my response. "yes please." well ok, so I asked you what you would like to watch and you said, "Buzz and Woody" this is particularly odd because you have never watched Toy Story or any shows with Buzz or Woody in them. "oh, you want to watch Toy Story?" I clarified. "Yeah" this is your response to everything. I say it and you say it just like me...we spend a lot of time together. Well, I couldn't figure out how to watch Toy Story off of our Apple TV, now I know, so we watched it the next day. You sat and watched the whole movie, we even had a special lunch on the couch of mac and cheese (your fav) while watching Toy Story. You loved it! Funny kid, you know what you want and now how to ask for it! You are growing up so fast. 


Love,
Mama/ proud to teach you!

No comments:

Post a Comment