Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Your Parents

It's only a month late, we celebrated 4 years of marriage on August 3rd...but, I figure it's about time you two heard the story of your Mommy and Daddy, and their love.

We met for the first time as Mommy was going shoe shopping with her RA. We walked past your Daddy and invited him to come with us. He declined and we went on our way. I found out later that he thought my butt was cute and commented about it to his mother (who he was on the phone with), oh man! After the shoe shopping was done we met up with a bunch of people at Starbucks and your Daddy was in the group. We hung out and talked casually across the group of people as I sipped my Soy Chai. I remember the shoes I was wearing while we were walking and the shoes I bought shopping that day, I still have them and might never get rid of them. Well, we didn't have any classes together, that was probably a good thing, we are completely different students. I sit up front, dressed like a normal person, paying attention. Your Daddy sits in the back, sweatshirt and basketball shorts, paying attention/playing computer games. Your Daddy friended me on Facebook, well, who friended who is still up in the air. We became friends and I started asking him questions, I promise my intentions were pure. I was desperate for friendship and that school and he seemed friendly. I asked him about his favorites, his family all kinds of stuff. Then in one message he said we should go out for dinner sometime. Oh, crud. Had I given this guy the wrong impression? No, I was starting to like who he was and so I agreed dinner was fine. I wasn't quite sure it was a date anyways. Well, the night before the date I had to work at the on school coffee shop. He and our mutual friend came and sat with me while I worked. We chatted and took funny photo booth pictures. After my shift he walked me back to my dorm. Before we said good night he called me over and stepped close to me to talk about out date. In that moment I felt my knees grow weak and I knew I liked him. He called it a date and we set 7pm as our leaving time and said goodnight. I don't think I stopped smiling the rest of the night. The next day the girls in the dorm were all excited and helped me get ready. As we left the dorms the guys were playing 'can you feel the love tonight'. Oh my goodness...dorm life! We went to dinner at P.F.Chang's (my favorite) We talked from the moment I got in his truck all through dinner until we got kicked out of the resturaunt. We left but, weren't ready for the night to be over so, we took a drive up to Auburn. We drove back to campus, sat in his truck and talked a little bit more and finally went home around 2am. That night we talked about our families, ourselves, and our pasts. We were honest right from the beginning where we were coming from and I think it helped us have a great relationship. There wasn't any trying to impress the other person. We really liked each other, as we were. The rest is history. 
Our first date was on the 10th of October 2006, I met his parents shortly after that  and we became official in the beginning of November. Our families met and that Thanksgiving his family came over to my parents house for dinner. Time passed, dating bliss and then Daddy asked me to marry him, on our favorite beach on April 6th, 2007 (there is way more to that story, that's a whole other post). We set a date and got married on August 3, 2007. 
Relationships have ups and downs but what makes marriage so special is the work that goes into the relationship. There is no running away, things are felt with head on. It gets messy, as life is, but its the working things out that draws you closer. 
We pray for your future spouse's already. That one day you will find a person with similar values and goals. That loves the Lord and keeps Him first in their lives. A person of quality because you will be tied to this person for life. Someone who you will want to do life with. 

Jake and Baby, know that Mommy and Daddy love you. Us loving each other is just as important as our love for you. With out our love there is no family. We have committed to each other and therefore to you that we will always love each other. We will take date's and vacations for just us, because this commitment is so very important. 

On this last trip we took you stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and had a great time. We went away for only a few days and it refresh us so we could come home and be the Mommy and Daddy that you deserve. 

Here are some pictures of your funny parents:








We love you kiddos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment