Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quite the talker!

Hey Jake!
You have become quite the little word smith. You surprise us daily with new words, concepts and long sentences!

The other day, you were talking to your Uncle Alex and said to him, " hi, Uncle Alex, I got two new monster trucks, Monster Mutt and Mohawk Warrior!" your Daddy and I just looked at each other in amazement! That whole sentence out of my two year old!
You listen to what everyone's saying and you pick up on things even when we aren't talking to you. We have to be careful not to mention certain things in front of you, bad words (of course) but also anything about lollipops, candy, food, cars, bye-bye and really anything. You have 'big ears' as we say and you are quite the parrot! Just today you called Grandma, Melanie (that's Grandmas name), because Daddy did!
Some things that you say we wonder where you came up with. The other day you told your Grandpa that you love him and when asked if you love Grandma, you said, "no, I only love Grandpa". Then later that day you told me, I don't like Dada I only love Mama". Where do you come up with these things? And recently you have told me after being disciplined by Daddy, that you don't like him! Really? I guess, I'm glad you have feelings and you don't mean, that you don't love people. You are either not happy with being punished, totally understandable, or just being silly...you are quite the little goof (you love to tease!)

But the most recent thing you have done/said was last night... You were mumbling to yourself and pulling your buzz light year ride-on around. You walked past me talking quietly to yourself about parking the car and eating dinner. Then you parked...looked unhappy with it...moved it...and said "perfect!" then you leaned over to Ted (the dog) and said, "look Teddy, I parked the car!" then you proceeded to show him your cars. "Look Teddy, see my monster trucks?....Monster Mutt...Mohawk...see Teddy? Do you like them?" You had this whole conversation with our dog, it was the cutest thing ever, the best part is that Ted listened to every word you said! I love that when you parked your car the way you wanted you exclaimed..."Perfect!!"
It was just the cutest little moment, I just had to write it down! You are the cutest boy...so full of love, (despite telling people you don't like them or love them!) so full or words and expression! It is so fun to listen to you. You say the cutest things everyday. I have a feeling I'll be writing more of these "you say the darnedest things" posts!

Love, Mama/ watching my mouth around you!!

P.S. Tonight at Target, I asked you what you were doing. You told me, "I looking for new cars!" "Oh, did you get any?" I asked. "No, I have no money!" There were a few people around us that snickered at our exchange. I don't blame them, those little words are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment