Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jackson is 6 months old

Holy Moly!! It's been half a year already? I cant even believe it! Happy 6 Months my little man! 

You were so wiggly this month, I snapped pictures so quick in between shooting my arm back in to hold you in place. 

You are also teething like a crazy man! 

But you still look super cute!

Ok, confession time. I am always careful with where I put you...after having your brother roll of a bed twice when he was little. Baby's can't move until you put them someplace where they shouldn't move and then all of a sudden they can roll right over...any way. I had you sitting so well in the chair and I grabbed my camera and as I was turning back around you toppled out head first and hit the only hard thing around...my microphone stand by the keyboard in our room...bummer. Worst Mom award. Sorry little guy. You were a little traumatized but pulled it together for the rest of our shoot! 

You tolerate being on you tummy now...but mostly you just flip your self over and then realize you would rather be sitting and cry...when on your tummy you have started trying to pull your legs up...oh crawling here you come! 

You say 'da-da' all the time and 'hi' like a southern gentleman.  

you are obviously teething, drool bucket! I think I can feel the bottom two making there way in...and maybe an eye tooth...oh heaven help us!

You aren't a very good sleeper...you are getting better...you take two naps a day, one hour and then a two hour. Your bed time is 9pm and you wake usually once during the night around 4am and sleep until 8:30am. 

You love toys. Anything the rattles, crinkles or makes noise you love. You grab everything you can, including my hair, coffee (I'm super careful don't worry), my food, your brothers toys, your brother, your Daddy's glasses and anything within reach! You love to bounce in your bouncer and you love to sit in your Mama's and Papa's chair. 

You sleep like an angel...

I mean what baby doesn't? You look so peaceful. 

This is the blanket your Nana made for you, you already like it, but of course you would rather try to steal your brothers because it's his and it has to be cool because he likes it! 

You are constantly grabbing your feet, hey they are built in toys and chewy's 

See what I mean about the feet? You have the sweetest disposition always smiling, giggling, squealing or jabbering. 

Everyone always comments on how huge you are, it's true...we'll get to that in a little bit with stats. but seriously how am I supposed to respond? Oh wow he's a big boy. Why yes, yes he is. Please don't make some comment how big I am...big really? I hated this growing up too...I'm not big, I am tall. There is a difference, learn it, know it, use it properly! Ok rant done. 

You can sit...mostly unassisted. There is a boppy behind you here...just so you don't have to fall so far.

You love to snuggle. You love cuddling with your daddy. It's really sweet, I'll pick you up after a nap and you just nuzzle your little head into my neck and just rest for a second or two. Cute! You have also started reaching. You reached for me for the first time yesterday! My heart melted! 

You have super cute facial expressions...this is one I love...eyes wide!! Your eyes are still blue, we'll have to wait and see if they change...your brothers had changed by now...but his were never as blue as yours. 

You are eating quite nicely...about 4oz for every meal. You love bananas and pears. You prefer your combo foods. Like Banana and pumpkin or butternut squash and pears. I am making your baby food, which I love, I wish I had more time to make it but I love that I know what you are getting and it's fun to experiment with what you get. Your tummy doesn't seems to like dairy, from me or if I give you yogurt. 

You adore your brother. You smile and giggle at him when he run around and you love when he talks to you. I am so excited to watch your relationship grow...

My two sweet boys. How did I get so blessed?

Ok now for the moment of truth... just how big is Jackson?

25lbs. and 29 inches long! Pretty big but hey...that just means you can be awesome at football! or really anything you want to be. 

Jackson you are so sweet and a joy to have in our family. You are growing into one sweet boy and I am blessed to be your Mommy. Everyday I feel guilty that I can't give you and your brother more individual attention...I just want to give you everything I can. I'm sorry you have to share me. That feeling is enough for me to be done having children. I'm not sure how I could feel like any more kids were getting enough from me. Plus it will be so nice fitting into a booth and being able to afford to live...haha! 

Thank you for completing our family little Jack. You are the perfect addition and I am so thankful for you!

Love, Mama/ overwhelmed with how blessed I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment