Wednesday, August 29, 2012

loving my boys...

Today I re-discovered something. I have the potential to choose to enjoy and not stress about life. Simple I know. But putting the ball in my court, so to speak, really made me realize that I had a choice. Lately life has been challenging. With Jack teething, not sleeping through the night and still eating every two hours, and Jake potty training and pushing every boundary he could find, I have been exhausted. I have been feeling like a huge failure. I have allowed myself to be grumpy. And this grumpiness blinds me to the blessings of everyday life. There is so much good that happens everyday but I was so focused on my own misery that I was missing out. I was missing my life. The stages my boys are at now aren't easy but I wouldn't trade it for anything. There is so much more good than bad and I'm ashamed to admit, I let exhaustion steal my joy. So today, I choose joy. Even when Jack cries. Even when Jake back talks. Joy. Joy will help me remember that someday I will miss them back talking. I will miss cuddling that sweet baby to sleep. I will miss Jake telling me I'm the best Mommy in the whole wide world. Someday my boys will be men and I know I will be so proud of who they are but I don't want to miss the here and now. I want to enjoy all there is to enjoy and forget the craziness that comes with motherhood. And now I'm crying…sometimes I forget to really love everyday and treat it as the gift that it is. So today I choose joy. 

Matthew 6:34  "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I mean look at all I have to be joyful for...





No comments:

Post a Comment