Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Raising an artist

Boys, I desire for you to grow up having experienced lots of different things. I want you to be able to pursue what you want. So, I am determined to expose you to all kinds of art and literature and activities.   This is part of the reason we want to homeschool you both. We want you to have individualized attention and we want to give you the opportunity during school time to further your talents and interests, not just with extracurriculars, because everyone has to learn the same thing in school. If one of you is great at sports than we'll do that. If one of you loves poetry, than you can do it. We can individualize your education to further your gifts and abilities, which is what we feel God calling us to do. To know you, and raise you to the best of our ability, so you can serve God to the best of your ability. It's my desire that both of you grow to be artists. Now, that's not saying you both have to be excellent painters or sketch artists. I want you to see the world as artists. To see the beauty in ordinary things, to think creatively and to have a good eye. I think these things are useful no matter what profession you go into. So, in my attempt to expose you all kinds of art we had some fun with water colors the other afternoon. Here you are Jake, painting away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment