Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Jackson is 7 months old

Here it is, we have made it more than half way through your first year of life. I feel a sence of accomplishment, how ever little it is, we are on our way. Infant-hood is behind us and we are making our way through baby-hood. To be honest I have postponed writing this. I have been so exhausted, still not sleeping through the night and I wanted to be in a happy frame of mind. It's hard when I don't get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row to not take out my grumpiness on you. It's not your fault sweet baby. I blame myself but truth be told it's no ones fault, it's just life right now. I hear how other peoples babies, younger than you, are sleeping through the night and I get super grumpy. Like, what have I done wrong? I know a few things that we are going to work on. I have given up trying to soothe you in the middle of the night, I just feed you and it puts you back to sleep, but now we have formed a habit, one that we need to break. It doesn't help that you are sharing a room so I can't let you cry or you will wake up your brother and then we will have a cranky toddler on our hands! We are going to explore a few methods of helping you sleep and soon, hopefully, soon we will all be getting the rest we need. So now that you know what's really going on let's get to you my sweet Jack.

You haven't quite been yourself these past few weeks. You have been pretty cranky. It could be my crankiness rubbing off, some development stuff, teething (oh teething) or any amount of things. But through the grumps you are still our sweet Jack. You have the cutest giggle...boy does it bring joy to my heart. You are really friendly, people are always coming up to you because you smiled at them. You are learning more sounds and that your sounds mean things. You now consistently say, "Hi da" to your Daddy...he loves it!! I am now "MMMMM!!" or "ma" occasionally. The other day we were playing in your room and Jakob ran out...you called after him "ka!!"...it was the cutest thing...I can already hear you changing this sound to 'kob'...amazing how speech develops! Other sounds you make are, "ba, ta, ca, ma, di, da, ti, ga, goo". I love hearing your speech develop...that sounds totally nerdy but I think it's amazing! I once had to take a little boy I nannied for to a speech therapist...I was amazed! There are some techniques I have held on to that have really helped your brother have excellent language skills and I am excited to pass these things along to you too!

Anyway...

You are eating three meals a day with solids. You aren't a huge breakfast fan, you like to take your time and you don't eat very much. This might change after you start sleeping through the night. You really love pears. I can mix just about anything with them and you will eat it. You still love bananas. Since I make most for your baby food I have started mixing in some spices to help things not be so bland and to get you used to things we eat. You love combined foods, some of your favorites are...cinnamon pumpkin and banana, pear and peas, ginger carrots and apple, cinnamon apple rice cereal, all spice butternut squash and cinnamon pear...this tastes more like dessert than a meal and you love it... ginger carrots and mangoes, yams and cinnamon apples. These are all I can think of right now, I love making your food, not just because I know what you are eating but I love helping you explore new flavors. Speaking of new flavors, last night your Daddy gave you a taste of his enchilada soup, your brow furrowed as you tasted it and then you opened your mouth for more...too cute. We are still breastfeeding, about 5 to 6 times a day depending on how many times you get up in the middle of the night. I am desperately trying to wean you to a bottle. You will have nothing to do with a bottle or a sippy cup. I know you won't be nursing forever but I would love to go on a date with your Daddy, I miss those special times. But, we have made the best of things and have had some special stay at home dates too!

Jackson, we have a few nick-names for you...we mostly call you Jax, this is what your brother calls you exclusively. Of course we call you Jack too. And I call you bug...for love bug, cuddle bug, stinker bug!  Daddy calls you bud. It's been hard...the nick-names we have been calling Jake are special to him and so now we have to come up with a whole new set.

You are sitting like a champ, you only fall over when you want something. You still hate being on your tummy. Although this morning you were fussing in your crib and I found you on your tummy...funny boy. You are trying to push up to crawl...I am in no rush for you to crawl. Everywhere I look I see Jakes toys of death for you to grab. Plus you are a big boy I want your muscles and bones to be good and ready. You love your jumpers, they keep you quite happy so I get a few things done. You are standing more on your own...who knows you might go straight to walking...oh heaven help us!

You have been going through a little bit of separation anxiety. I think that's part of the reason you aren't sleeping through the night. You have also been throwing a huge fit when you have to sit in your high chair at dinner. As soon as you get pulled out and are in my arms you are fine. Stinker.

I have to remind myself that this time will pass and I will actually miss having to hold you through dinner. I will miss snuggling you in the middle of the night. It's true...when you are older and independent I will miss the times when you needed me...just me. I am enjoying where you are because these moments won't last forever.

Here are a few things that will last forever...super cute pictures of you!!


Look at that face!!! 

we kept having to scoot you back in the chair...I didn't want a repeat of last months chair disaster!

I had your Daddy spotting...you were determined to stand...
 
little monkey boy!

love that smile

These couldn't have turned out any better...

you are seriously so cute....and now you'll never believe you have been a little cranky, with all these cute smiles!


Jackson, you are such a joy. You have completed our family so perfectly. I am excited to continue to watch you grow and to teach you about this beautiful world we live in. Happy 7 months my little monkey boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment