Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Squeezing the last drop out of summer

Can I just say, I love that we live in California. Yes the gas prices are outrageous and everything is generally more expensive but I love that we live with space around us, dirt to dig in, fresh air to breathe and fantastic weather to enjoy it in for a good chunk of the year. As the weather cools down we have spent lots of time outside in the heat of the day because the heat has been a delightful 80 degrees. On one of your Daddy's last days off we all went outside for a little water gun war and soak in the sun. We all had a pretty good time. 

Sweet Jack you just hung out and sat on the grass yelling if you ever got shot with water.

I love this shot...looks like something from the 70's

Daddy used two of the smaller guns

I love the way you hold this big gun up Jake...these guns are automatic, all you have to do is hold down the trigger and water shoots out...it's a little dangerous for anyone trying to avoid getting wet but it's a great way for you to be able to play water guns!

Shootin Daddy

getting Grandpa

got him...in the face!

ok look at your face in this picture on the left...amazing! 

Daddy I'm just going to shoot the ground just kidding...take down!!

I think you love it!

just a friendly war

I think you might be shooting the dog...ted isn't a huge fan of these guns.

get him!

get Daddy!

Mom...did you see him shoot me, I mean really!

Happy baby

serious concentration...yea golf ball!


first time in the swing, I'm not sure why you haven't been in it sooner, but you loved it!

You giggled and smiled the whole time, you especially loved when your brother pushed you.



Jake, I always love to watch you swing, it's childhood joy in it's purest form. Your smile and laughter bring me so much joy. 

So there it is boys our last drops of summer...no pun intended...or maybe now that I think that's clever...get it drops...water guns...ok

We sure are blessed to live where we do and we try to take advantage of it every chance we get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment