Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jake...melt my heart

Jake you have been melting my hear recently. You have such a tender, thankful heart and I am so proud of you. 

two days ago we drove through Starbucks, you got a hot chocolate, I got a pumpkin spice latte (I have since decided that I don't like them) and your daddy got a peppermint mocha. Anyway, we got home and were getting everything ready for bed and then we were going to sit down and drink together. You got impatient and grabbed what you thought was your hot chocolate off the counter. It was my latte. You spilled it all over the floor...all over the floor. I cleaned it up while you sat in time out. You got put in time out for being impatient and not asking for help, not for spilling my drink. After you and Daddy talked you came over and gave me the sweetest hug and then went to sit down. As you watched me clean I could just see you struggling. You got up and asked it you could help me clean up. I get you a towel and let you help, you did a great job. It's moments like that, that make me proud that you can't sit and watch someone clean the mess you made. That takes ownership plus a servant heart, I am so proud of you.

Than yesterday I was feeling overwhelmed with house work and such. You came in and asked if the clothes in the hamper were clean. I said yes, frustrated that they had been in there for a few days and hadn't made it back into drawers yet. Then you said, "Thank you"..."for what?" I responded. "Thank you for cleaning my clothes Mommy! I don't like having dirty clothes, thank you for washing them." I responded with a teary "you're welcome" I love that you are grateful for things that are easily unnoticed or taken for granted. Having a thankful heart is so precious and something I hope you keep. 

Today as I was washing dishes you came up to me very excited and said, "Thank you for doing the dishes, thank you for washing my blue bowl, I like eating cereal out of that bowl and now I can tomorrow because you washed it today! Thank you so much Mommy!"

You blow me away with your kind heart Jake. These things reaffirm in me that I am doing a good job raising you. It also gives me hope that the Lord can take hold of these qualities and use them as gifts to further His kingdom. You are such a blessing Jakob you do your Mommy's heart good!




I love you my sweet boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment