Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Well, It's that time of year...the Christmas decorations are getting busted out. I love decorating for Christmas! I have made most of our decorations and I am pretty sentimental about them. I love all that this season holds...especially having you, boys! I love the look of wonder on your faces when you see Christmas lights and I love teaching you both about the reason we celebrate Christmas and why giving is so important. I also love that we have started celebrating the tradition of advent as a family, it's another way we keep Jesus the focus during this time of year. 
Anyway, I was debating when to decorate this year. With Jake's birthday on the 9th I wanted to make sure he felt celebrated and not skipped over in anyway...that will be a life long battle with his birthday so close to Christmas. But Advent started on the 2nd so the tree had to be up...right? So we pulled the tree out of it's dusty box and started setting it up and this happened...
Jack went straight for the tree! Those are Jake's hands running to grab his brother...he was yelling, 'no, no Jackson, don't grab the tree, look with your eyes!' I wonder where he has heard that before?

grabbing the tree...so we couldn't leave the tree there, I was sure Jack would pull it over when I wasn't looking...I wish I could always be looking but with another boy, a dog and a house to keep moderately clean it's just not going to happen. So, plan B! We set the tree up in the sun room so we could see it through our french doors...perfect solution. 

Here we are decorating our tree. 





Jake was very focused and determined to hang up the ornaments. He would get so disappointed when they would fall off...'oh no, I'm not good at hanging ornaments...I need some help.' But he got the hang of it after a few times.

can you see us?

a lesson in ornament hanging...I think we were hanging Jake's special ornament.

a decent picture of me

Jack chillin on the bed with Daddy


so proud to finally get it!

And no, I don't have a picture of it completed...that would have been great right? Oh, well. Know that it looks great and adds warmth to our home during this festive season!


No comments:

Post a Comment