Monday, December 24, 2012

Jake's 3 Year Pictures

So, I have had this idea in my head for quite some time...I wanted pictures of Jake running around a Christmas tree farm. Not overly Christmasy but a nod to the month in which he was born. I was bummed when all of my efforts to get to the Christmas tree were thwarted, by either my children or the weather...boo. So, the other day it dawned on me...we have a little forest right outside our front door. There was a break in the rain, the only break that day, and with that break came a little glimpse of sun, beautiful golden sun at that. Thank you children and weather for finally getting your act together! 

Here are Jake's official 3 year pictures. 

tree hugger...


I'm not sure what the attitude was about but it sure is cute!

hiking through the 'forest'

muddy boy shoes...nothing better!

"Jake, look at Mommy...where is the camera...who loves you?"

Jake's response: "you do Mom..." (the duh was implied)

His mannerisms are becoming more and more boy like...

These are my favorites of the day...growing up way too fast!

Then Jake fell...he kept apologizing like I cared that his pants were muddy...I have never been one to care. Clothes wash, no worries. He was concerned...see picture on left. Then, When he saw that I didn't care he became 'Muddy Monster'...see picture on right. 

He dusted his hands off...picture on the left. Put a smile on...picture on the right...then chased me around being 'Muddy Monster'. Then our gap in the rain was gone and we ran inside. Sometimes these plan B situations work out way better than if I had dragged him to some other place. Taking pictures with a 3 year old needs to be done casually any ways. If anything is too planned or uptight it will go wrong. So, from now on we will be running in fields or doing something while we take pictures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment