Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Day Jake turned 3

 The day Jake turned 3...
We woke up and cuddled. Daddy took the day off to spend with the birthday boy.  Jake had his favorite breakfast, a fruit bar, apple carrot pouch and a yogurt. We hung out for a little bit and then went to lunch with Grandma and Uncle Steve. On the way to this lunch Jake had a potty accident in his car seat. He hasn't had accidents for some time and I had forgotten to pack extra clothes for him...bummer. So I ran into Target really quick and grabbed some pants for him. Turns out his shirt was wet too so Daddy and Jake went to Target to get a new shirt and Jack and I went to meet my family for lunch. We had a great lunch. Jake had pizza and his favorite, calamari. Then he got a birthday pazookie! We snag to him and he blew out his candle soaking in every ounce of attention. Then...instead of going and taking pictures...bacause the clothes I chose were soaked. We made a little trip to Toys r us!

walking the isles...

contemplating his purchase...

the tongue of concentration

a button pusher caught in the act...the whole isle was blinking and flashing as we walked away! 
Jake got a monster truck play set and we went home for Jack to catch a nap. 

While Jack napped Jake and I went out to take a few pictures...these still haven't taken the place of the photos I want to take but they will do for now. Once I get an idea in my head it's hard to get rid of it...until I do it...it's annoying! 

Anyway here is Jake, running and exploring!
This 'little daredevil' shirt suits him perfectly right now. 

The light was so pretty...I didn't even plan that! 

At this age I'm just glad that I can get pictures of him, I have given up trying to get him to look at the camera...who wants fake pictures any way right?

Sweet boy...


pretending to be a super hero...

Here it is...my favorite shot...

Classic Jakob...

I'm going to jump...1...2...3...GO!!

'yo yo ho, let's go!'

The last shot of the day...Jake running to hug me! Best ever!

We spent the rest of the day playing and wrestling inside...Jake's favorite things. That night we had pasta with cheese for dinner at Jake's request and later we had dirt cups to round out a great day of Jakob turning three. No better way to spend his first day being three than as a family. I will cherish these times in my heart forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment