Friday, December 14, 2012

Jakob's 3rd Birthday Party

 Well, my sweet Jake turned three last weekend. Where has the time gone?! I'll reminisce in another post because this one is all about the party! 

He woke up Saturday morning to a decorated house, ready for a pirate party. About a week ago, Jake informed me, "It isn't a party without balloons!". Where does he get this stuff? So, I just had to get balloons. Poor Erik spent most of Friday night inflating these things by hand...well by mouth...I guess. Jake loved playing in the balloons and kicking them around the house, so I was glad we didn't get them inflated...how do you play with a helium balloon anyway? 



After breakfast Jake got dressed into his party outfit. I made this fleece vest to look like Jake's from 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates'. These pictures crack me up...Jake is such a goof!







We decked our dining room table out with gold doubloons, pirate swords, compasses, pirate maps and of course Jake and the Neverland pirates. For snacks we had, Goldfish (the catch of the day), homemade chocolate chip cookies, homemade sugar cookies, bug juice (jake's favorite pure sugar beverage...that he only gets on special occasions like this one) and tea. Later we had Pizza for dinner and dirt cups for dessert. 





 The snack table...


 Every year at Jake's birthday we have a canvas or sign board of some kind for everyone who was at the party to sign. I think it will be a fun thing to look at when he turns 18...but let's not rush that! This is his signature page for this year.


 My favorite thing as his party this year...the photo booth...here are the props...keep reading to see the photos!


 We also had a tattoo shop...my little man loves getting tattoos so we just had to set up a station for everyone to get a pirate tattoo!

Here is Jake getting tattooed by Daddy...the expert tattoo artist!




 Your Uncle's got Tattoo's too...Alex suffered through the pain...haha!


 Here is Jake enjoying his snacks and a chat with Papa!


 Present time! Jake got some great gifts and he is so fun to give to, he is so thankful for everything he receives!


Here he is hugging the adventure bag I made for him!

 This isn't the best picture but check out Erik's and my faces! Jake brings us so much joy!


 Photo booth time...

Jake wasn't really into it. By this time he was partied out!



 Matt and Alex... I think Matt should grow that beard!


 Some cute pictures of Jake and Daddy!




 Nana looking very piratey!

 Nana and Papa...

 Nana and Me...yes that is a parrot on my shoulder!

 Alex...looking shady with that pirate sword!

 Yarrr...a tough pirate I be!

 tough and a little crazy!

 the brothers

 I have no words for this picture...

silly guys

 Ok I cannot get enough of this picture...it's hysterical!!

 The original Meyer family

 Mommy and Daddy

 Jack really enjoyed playing with the balloon as well...closely supervised I might add.

 Alex has it out for me in a few of these pictures...should I be worried!?

Jack just tried to eat the mustache 

 Grandpa and Grandma...ferocious pirates!

 The Grandparents...oh boy!

 Jake excited for dessert and to blow out his candle.

 Mommy doing jazz hands...

 I may look like I am giving Jake the hand in this picture...not the case...I was keeping him from blowing out the candle too early!

 'number three like me!'...so smart!

finally waiting patiently to blow out his candle!




Hooray!!

Jake started getting tired and went out to school area to read some books and Matt joined him..such a sweet moment!

 Pirate ship piñata! We tried hacking it with a pirate sword...broke the sword not the piñata.

 So Daddy busted out a rock band guitar and said, "time to do this rock and roll style" Jake loved that idea and yelled, "Rock and Roll style...!" Uncle Matt helped crack the ship open a little...

 Rock and roll style worked!

 Another photo booth picture...maybe my favorite one of the night... 

 I'll leave you with this image...

Thank you to my husband and parents who helped our tremendously with my over achieving endeavors! Someone please remind me next time that I hate rolling out cookie dough...especially overly sticky sugar cookie dough! Jake had a great time...I think everyone had a great time, so...success! 
Happy Birthday Party to my little man, Jake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment