Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A long night...


This is my second cup...

We had a long night last night. Poor Jax was throwing up most of the night. It started at 12:30. Jackson started crying so I got up to comfort/put him back to bed. When I went in to their room Jax sounded particularly unhappy. I went to put his binky back in and that's when I saw that he had thrown up...all over his crib. Normally I handle night time duty but this required another set of hands, I woke up Erik and gave him the job of holding the baby while I cleaned up the puke...I do puke better than Erik. I got everything cleaned up including the baby and back to bed we all went. I wasn't sure what caused Jack to throw up, he didn't have a fever or any other symptoms. So we played the wait and see/sleep and see. Not even half an hour after we all got back into bed we hear Jack chocking and gaging in the other room. I leaped out of bed shuffling through the toys on our floor then dashing down the hall way. When I got to Jackson's crib he was gasping for air, I picked him up and his body was limp. Oh My Gosh!! I flipped him over he coughed than cried and was fine. I was a wreck. Jake slept through all of this, how I'm not sure but I was thankful someone was getting sleep. I got the little one cleaned up again. Erik set up the portable crib in our room, no way was I going to put him in the other room again! I offered Jack milk, he wasn't interested. I rocked him, prayed for him and put him down in his crib. We woke a few more times that night. His poor body trying to throw up but there was nothing left. Laying in bed I could hear his stomach churn, it made my stomach turn too. Watching your 10 month old on his hand and knees, dry heaving is the worst thing I have ever watched. I felt so helpless. And to top it all off, I might have caused this. I made some banana/pumpkin puree the other day. I took it out of the freezer Sunday morning and brought it with us to the zoo for a snack, it was nowhere near thawed so it stayed in my bag, then I forgot about it until Monday morning, I put it back into the fridge and then fed it to Jack for lunch on Monday. So, he could have food poisoning because I was too cheap to throw out some food...never again I tell you!! My poor boy is doing much better this morning. He breastfed, ate a yogurt (woohoo probiotics!) and an applesauce. Now he is taking a good long morning nap and so far no puking...just lots of hiccups but he has kept everything down! I'm praying it was just food poisoning...and now he's on the mend! I think the little man is awake...time to go snuggle!

1 comment:

  1. oh dear friend, I am so sorry. There is nothing worse than watching your babies be sick/hurt and feeling helpless. and don't be hard on yourself! You are a wonderful mommy and your boys know they are loved! I hope you have caught up on some sleep!

    I don't know if i've told you, but I love reading your blog! truth, humor, love and adventures! isn't having boys great!

    ReplyDelete