Sunday, January 27, 2013

Note to Jake


Oh my sweet Jake, How I love you so. You have been doing some pretty big boy things recently...nothing huge just little acts that remind me that you are no longer a baby in anyway. You are in fact more a preschooler than a toddler. The other day at the beach you filled a whole bucket with sand that you shoveled into it, then you dragged the bucket around...see not huge but you used the shovel to fill the bucket. You cleaned up your plate from breakfast the other morning, put the trash in the garbage and the plate in the sink...amazing. Today you told me "Mom, we are at Chili's, that's not where we were supposed to go to lunch". We drove past the Chili's on the way to where we were going, before I could tell you where we were going you told me, "Oh, yeah Red Robin is behind Chili's, I forgot!". Impressive to me that you knew where we were and where the restaurant was. You say things daily that surprises me, today you were naming off dinosaurs...the whole name...big long names that I can barely pronounce you were saying with ease! You never cease to amaze me. You are brilliant and cunning and yet still very much a child in need of all the love and care I can give you. There are times I have to remind myself that even though you act as mature as a 10 year old at times, you are just my little 3 year old. For that I am thankful. I still have time with you. To teach you, to love you, to guide you, to hold you. I will soak in each second my sweet. You are amazing. I am so blessed to be given the responsibility to nurture your soul, I will use our time wisely! 

I love you!

Love, Mommy/ I wrote this just after you pitched a big fit...and I am still crazy about you!







2 comments:

  1. AMEN MAMAS! It is so easy to see them as much older than they are. I find myself getting so frustrated at Liam for things that are so above him, then I am humbly (and gratefully) reminded that he is still my sweet 2yo!
    Thank you for posting this....it was yet again another wonderful reminder for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments Mal. It's nice to know we are on this journey together!

      Delete