Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jack is 11 Months Old

I say this every month...but seriously...where has the time gone? 

You are 11 Months old! 

 I know it's a little early for Valentines Day...but I love Valentines Day and next month you will be cake smashing so this month...it's hearts! 
This is probably my favorite picture of you...so stinkin' cute! 

You are growing by leaps and bounds! You have developed a cute little neck that makes you look much more toddler than baby. You are eating like crazy! You love grilled cheese sandwiches and banana's...not together. You aren't walking yet...which I'm glad for, no need to rush. You are a super crawler though. You can crawl so fast and you are starting to try to climb things...you would. 


You now wave Hello and Goodbye. You wave to everyone you see that you deem friendly. We walk through Target with you waving to all your 'subjects' or so it appears. People love to talk to you and always comment on your pretty blue eyes...after they have said how huge you are for your age...seriously people get over it! This month you have overcome the flu...that was an adventure. We all made it! You were the first to get it and the first to recover, you didn't quite understand why brother and Mommy couldn't play. But we did it, we are still alive!


You love to play with your brother. He asks you all the time to play with him and it seems that you understand, you say "du, du" for down and then off you crawl. You love to be included in everything we do. You ate carnitas the other night because we were...you refused any 'baby' food. You also don't like naps that much, you can hear us doing things and you are certain we are having fun with out you.  You pretty much sleep through the night...we just went through a time of screaming. Your brother did the same thing. You were expressing your self, making sure we were serious about you sleeping and napping. We definitely are and you figured that out. 


There are these two moments of everyday that I live for. Right before your nap, I pick you up, we stand in front of your crib and you cuddle into me. I sway back and forth. Sometimes I sing, sometimes I tell you all the things I love about you and other times we just breathe each other in. You take these deep breaths and hum as you exhale, like you are totally content in that moment. I tear up somedays, overwhelmed at our love. I never want to forget those sweet moments. Someday you know a nap is coming and you are fighting it and you get mad and our moment doesn't happen. But most days we both relish that special time of just me and you. 


You are quickly learning what is expected of you. No hitting, no bitting, being gentle, sleeping. And you are listening very well I must say. You are a joy little one. We love having you around. I am so excited for all the things you will begin to experience and learn soon. This is such a fun time! Happy 11 Month sweet Jax!

Love, 
Mommy/ in full party planning, gift crafting mode...for your 1st birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment