Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nap Time

Nap time has become a struggle for you. As you are growing you're becoming more aware, aware that mommy and daddy do things when you are sleeping and aware that you would rather play than sleep.
Yesterday we were out most of the day so you caught a few 30 min. cat naps and you were so sleepy by dinner time. You fell asleep sitting in your daddy's lap. It was the cutes thing to see. I came up stairs to find you passed out on your daddy. He said you were playing and you just fell asleep!

Today, I made sure to put you down when you needed to sleep. This afternoon presented me with the perfect opportunity, you were rubbing your eye during lunch. So we went up to your room. I forgot your binkey so I ran back down stairs to get it. By the time I was back in your room you had convinced your self that you were definitely not tired! You were wildly flailing your arms and legs and holding your eyes open as wide as they could go. It was a desperate attempt to convince me that you didn't need to sleep. I saw right through you! I put binkey in and out I went. Know that I'm not in favor of crying it out, sometimes, but not most times. You squawked for a few seconds, literally, seconds and you were out.
Good Night...I mean, nap, little boy...

Love,
Mommy/Wishes she could nap too!

P.S. Just so you know when you nap I mostly clean or read a book or magazine. That's all. Your not missing much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment