Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zoo Day!!

We had a whole Saturday free this weekend...so we went to the zoo. Growing up we went to the zoo a lot, we had memberships but, we always went to the San Francisco Zoo, this time we tried the Oakland zoo. We had a great time!! You are getting to the age where you enjoy things like this, until it's way past nap time and you sit in your stroller like a zombie...you refuse to sleep with all that action going on but you don't have enough energy to fully be yourself. 

Fair warning: I didn't take many pictures of the animals, we have plenty of those, I made sure to get your reactions to the animals. So, there are lots of pictures of you in this post!! 


I loved watching your daddy show you the animals and share interesting facts with you


Daddy pointing out a monkey to you!!


You saw the monkey and turned around to tell me how awesome it was!! Ahhh you are so cute!!


Watching the monkey...that thing swings from trees...I think you were trying to figure out how you could swing like him!


Daddy showing you the sun bears, they like berry's just like you!!


Look a bear!


Oh, you saw the bear on top of his house!


Silly boy, playing with your belly button "buh-buh"


I love watching you with your dad. You love and admire him so much. It warms my heart to see my two favorite people together and having a great time!! Not that I would think you wouldn't be having a great time...it's just...I bonded with you the instant I knew you were in my tummy and it takes daddy a little time to get to know you. I'm so glad that the two of you have formed a tight bond and you enjoy being together so much. My two loves, loving each other brings me such joy!!


Every time you saw a bear you would say, "roar, roar, roar!"


I love the look of wonder and awe in you eyes. This was one of the coolest experience of my life, watching you see new things and learn...it's truly amazing!!



I'm not sure what you saw in this picture...maybe giraffes...whatever it was you sure thought it was cool!!


You were really good about getting out of your stroller to look at animals and then getting back in to move to the next exhibit, your good attitude made the day so easy!


This is the first time I saw a giraffe drink, in real life that is. You thought it was pretty funny!




"look elephants!!"


You were making an elephant noise and waving your arms like trunks...you make me one proud mama that you know animal sounds...you are so stinkin smart!!


Telling us what animals you want to see...the elephants and monkeys were some of your favorites!!


Mama, I want your camera..."caa-ma"


looking


and more looking


Ohh


Giant lizard!!


My loves!!


Hey look, it's you and mama!!


Wow we look alike


we were looking at pigs and oinking!!


You are really cute...I am amazed at how much you know, seriously, you are so smart!


Helping daddy, that stroller gets heavy ; )


Really big alligator


You thought it was pretty cool


Petting a goat...you weren't quite sure about it...I told you it was just like a funny dog, but you knew better!! 

We had a great day! You are such a joy to do things with Jake. We are so blessed to have an awesome boy! We are looking forward to many more zoo trips with you!!

Love, Mama/ takes you to the pet store for a mini zoo trip once a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment