Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dear Jake,



Dear Jake,

Your Mommy is a complete mess right now. It's the night before you become a big brother and I'm super emotional about this change that is coming to our family. I don't want to leave you tomorrow. I am so excited for you to be a big brother but I feel like I'm not done enjoying you, just you. We have had a special time together, everyday just the two of us. Even on hard days it was still a joy and easy compared to having two little ones. I don't ever want you to feel neglected or jealous. I want you to have my attention, my whole heart. This whole pregnancy I have been experiencing a phenomenon, my heart has been growing, growing to include your little brother. I know the instant he is here with us we won't be able to imagine life without him. But tonight I looked at you...my heart was full of love for you...over the top-tears in my eyes...love. I have thoroughly enjoyed the good and bad of our last 26 months together. You have grown into the cutest little toddler and you have helped me grow into a mother! My heart beats for you Jake. Every decision I make, every breath I take is with you in mind. You have been my life, everything I have, for the past 26 months and it's all about to change. Not change in bad, just simply change and because of that, I am emotional. Grieving...in a way...this time we have had together. But I am so excited for what the future holds. I know at first your little brother won't be much fun and their might be some resentment but eventually you two will be best friends and playmates. You are so sweet and have such a big heart I just know you will be a great big brother! And from one oldest child to another...try not to be too bossy! 

I love you my boy!

Love, Mommy/ our moments together are forever in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment